System Requirements: Win7, Win10; Microphone (internal or external) and speakers or headphones.
(PLEASE NOTE: this doesn't work so well on mobile phones so please use your laptops!!)
To develop fluency,
there are three things you can do here, depending on
how good your pronunciation is
FIRST THING: Shadowing the Qs
1. Listen ONLY to the 12 Questions;
2. Say each question several times then record yourself repeating them (Try to match the rhythm, intonation, stress etc);
3. Download the result
and compare your voice with the original.
SECOND THING: Shadowing the Qs & As
1. Listen to the 12 questions and sample answers;
(You can see all the transcripts
or or or
by going HERE.
Copy and paste into Googletranslate
( if you DON'T UNDERSTAND)
2. Practice listening and repeating the sample answers several times then record yourself repeating them
(Try to match the rhythm, intonation, stress etc);
3. Download the full dialogue to hear the results.
THIRD THING: Creating your Dialogue
1. Listen to the 12 Questions. DON'T listen to the answers;
THINK of YOUR responses to these questions
(using at least 2 or 3 of the WH QUESTIONS)
Who? What? Where? When? How? Which? Why?
Who? Who with? Who to? etc
(If you wish, you can type them up in YOUR LANGUAGE first, then
a. Copy and Paste into GoogleTranslate)
b. Copy the English version and Paste into Microsoft Word or similar; and
c. Run the Spelling and Grammar check and revise accordingly
or send to me or one of your friends at HiNative.com (JOIN! It's FREE!) for further correction
2. Practice listening and repeating your sample answers several times and record yourself; then
3. Download the full dialogue to hear the results
Thank you all.
I look forward to hearing your feedback.
This is very much a WIP ie a Work in Progress
If you like this kind of exercise and think some of your friends might also be interested, please share it with them.
For ideas on how to memorize your dialogues, you can also visit ArtyEnglish at where if you subscribe you will be rewarded with some exclusive content. Sample one by clicking .